Did you know there is an easy way to track your Social Security benefits? Stop spending time on hold with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and access your information securely online.
What information can you access? You can request a replacement Social Security card, track and verify your earnings and get estimates about future benefits. If you qualify, you can apply or check the status of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application. You can update your address or change your direct deposit information, as well as getting a letter with proof of your benefits. There is even a resource to calculate benefits for a current or former spouse. Start by creating an account on my Social Security to access to your earnings statement, current or future benefits and services.
- To create your personal Social Security account, go to: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
- Select create an account with Login.gov
- Provide basic personal information and give answers to some easy questions that only you would know (for security purposes).
- To complete the process, create a username and password that you will use to access your account. You can also use your ID.me login
- Start tracking your earnings and benefits today by visiting https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
An additional step you can take to ensure you have everything you need for the future is to visit the AAFMAA Member Center to update your profile or upload essential documents. If you have any questions or need our assistance, an AAFMAA Member Benefits Representative can help. Call 888-862-5932, select option 2, then option 2 again; or [email protected].
This article was originally published September 14, 2020.