A Closer Look
Digital Vault Document Storage
24/7 global, online digital access to your family’s most important and essential documents: marriage & birth certificates, Form DD 214, wills, powers of attorney, life insurance policies, VA claims awards, and trust documents through AAFMAA’s secure Member Center
VA Disability Claims Coordination
Get the VA compensation you earned without the frustration
- Disability claims are made for chronic conditions that were diagnosed during active duty military service, an injury that happened while on active duty with chronic residuals that are still being treated, or a presumptive disease caused by military service such as Agent Orange conditions.
- When you sign up for AAFMAA Premier Services, a professional, full-time VA claims coordinator will guide you through the entire claims process — from filing your claim to analyzing and explaining your award decision to providing guidance on additional benefits.
The VA claims process includes the following steps:
- We validate your service-connected conditions
- We assemble the forms and evidence which include medical Service Treatment Records
- We submit the claim to our partner the Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- We communicate with you throughout the entire process from claim development to explanation of the decision and benefits awarded
What you need to know before you start your VA claim:
We cannot provide assistance with the Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD) program. You must be separated or retired and have a final DD214
- We must have your DD214
- We cannot assist you with a pending claim
- We cannot provide representation for an appeal
At AAFMAA, we use the VA Fully Developed Claims (FDC) program. This substantially reduces claim processing times, which may result in a quicker decision and faster compensation payment. To locate the status of your claim with the VA go to eBenefits at www.ebenefits.va.gov.
Submittal of claims to the VA and follow-up of all claims is done through AAFMAA’s partnership with the Disabled American Veterans (DAV).
Military Benefits Analysis
- Analysis tools, calculators and reports help you make informed decisions on your benefits. Our team will help you understand what it all means and how benefits decisions impact you and your family. Our personalized assistance will maximize the benefits you’ve earned
Transition Readiness Assessment
As you prepare to retire, the AAFMAA team will assess your status and ensure maximum benefits and entitlements. Our assessment includes:
- Retirement Pay Income Estimator
- Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) evaluation
- Term Life Insurance Comparison—replacement options due to SGLI coverage loss
- Active duty income replacement for the civilian world (upon request)
Still Have Questions?
Request more information about our Premier Services by filling out the form below.